35 Things That Make Me Smile
Today is my birthday!!! I love birthdays! They have always been really special, and such a celebrated day. I also love taking the time to reflect on another year of my life that has whizzed by. So today I thought I would share with you 35 Things That Have Made Me Smile in my lifetime. I have been extremely blessed in my life – it hasn’t been perfect, and it hasn’t always been easy, but it has led me to this moment, right now, where I can truly say I am completely happy.
35 Things That Make or Have Made Me Smile
- Being alive and healthy – there are no greater gifts, and every day I am thankful.
- Maddy – my beautiful eldest daughter who strives for a happy, peaceful and fair world. She has a beautiful heart.
- Fred – my boy. He is an absolute gentleman and has enormous compassion for others.
- Katie – she has fire in her! I have no doubt that she will see and do some extraordinary things in her life.
- Lucy – my little gift from above. Destined for our family, she has already taught me so much about love and life.
- Daddy Smiles – the most caring, generous husband, and an amazing Daddy. He makes my heart happy.
- My family – no matter what is happening in our lives, we all know how to pull together for each other. I love our family culture.
- My Mum – she gets her own special one! I would not be able to have done half the things I have done in my life without my Mum’s unconditional love and support. I strive to be the kind of Mother that she has always been to me.
- Friends – my true friends. The ones who still love me even after seeing me at my worst. The ones who make my belly sore from laughing so much. True friends who share this life journey with me.
- The feeling of taking off in an aeroplane.
- The last rumbles of thunder after a summer storm.
- Opening to Page 1 of a brand new book – waiting for a whole new world to unfold.
- Ending my showers with pure cold water – it wakes me up and makes me feel alive.
- Fresh sheets on the bed.
- A beautiful bouquet of flowers.
- Sneaky hugs from behind when I am least expecting it.
- My children laughing and playing together, unaware that I am watching them.
- Graduating from my teaching degree, with my daughter in the audience.
- My iPhone
- Finding a pair of jeans that fit perfectly.
- Having my hair done – complete with head massage.
- The smell of freshly mown grass on a warm summer day.
- The beach – any day, any time, any season.
- Doing a good deed for a stranger.
- A beautiful piece of music or song
- When I turned 10 – I was in awe that I had reached double-figures.
- My netball career – at my peak I was playing or training 6-7 days per week – one of the greatest times of my life.
- My subsequent knee reconstruction – a definite sign that it was time to start a new chapter in my life.
- Jazz, my dog. She has played a significant role in my life, literally changing the direction of my life. Now she is almost 15!
- The Mummy Smiles community – what a beautiful. caring, friendly and powerful group of women (and a few men!). I love the positive energy that comes from this group.
- Foot tickles
- Seeing the double lines on a pregnancy test.
- Faith, Hope, Love
- My dreams and goals for the future.