For the Love of Blogs!
Yesterday Jen from Lovely Living, raised the issue of how hard it can be as a blogger. Not for the work that is involved in producing the blog posts, but because of the vulnerability that can come from exposing one’s thoughts, emotions, ideas, family life, and activities. Whilst the vast majority of time, readers are supportive of the blogs they read, I have on occassion seen comments which are, quite frankly, unnecessary. The old adage, “If you can’t say anything nice….”, doesn’t seem to apply in cyber-world.
Jen called for an unofficial “Day of Appreciation” for bloggers. If you were anywhere on Facebook yesterday, you might have noticed beautiful comments and posts all over the place!! I was touched to see so many bloggers and readers reach out to each other, and let the world know how much they valued the writers behind the blogs that they read. It was beautiful to see kindness in action, from so many women whom I admire!
And so in the spirit of this bloggy-love I wanted to share my story of all of those blogs who have been a part of my journey. This is by no means anywhere even close to an exhaustive list – there really are so many wonderful women whom I would like to acknowledge!
When I started blogging I knew NOTHING. I opened up a WordPress account after recommendations from Jade, The Superorganiser Mum. I asked a thousand questions about scheduling blog posts, uploading images, responding to comments – you name it, she answered it. Nothing was ever a problem.
But suddenly a whole world of plugins, widgets, HTML code opened before me – a whole new language and I had absolutely no idea!!! Jen from Lovely Living answered my late night emergency requests and helped me get to know my blog – adding this, removing that, creating buttons here, and giving friendly advice there. I slowly started to find my groove and was amazed at the support that was out there. I found that if I needed to know something – I just had to ask…. anyone. There was always someone willing to answer with friendliness, advice and support.
In the process, I have met some amazing friends. Yes, actual real friends. I may or may not have me them in real life, but I value their friendship, and I thank them for sharing this blogging journey with me. We are so lucky to have this blogging community in Australia – a group who will reach out to anyone who needs support. A group who celebrates each other’s achievements, and commiserates when things are not quite so great.
So I take my hat off to these bloggers, and I encourage you to take the time to read a couple of their latest posts (and even make a comment or two!). These are the bloggers whom I have laughed with, cried with, and shared stories with. I have read extraordinary stories of courage, hope, happiness and celebration. They make me want to be better – for all sorts of reasons. Blogging is an act of love, and today is all about sharing that love!
- A Little Delightful - Bianca has fantastic ideas for craft and activities with her beautiful children. Always so fun and easy to do!
- Beyond The Baby Presents: Super Organiser Mum - Jade has an incredible knack for decorating and of course organizing. I see a box – Jade sees …potential! I love seeing what she comes up with next!
- Living on a Latte - How could I not love a blogger/teacher with a tradie husband? Kaz has a beautiful artistic flair and a positive and uplifting blog.
- Lovely Living Presents – Cook.Eat.Play *drool* Kristy has some of the most mouth-watering recipes! I love her passion for food, inspiring me to break out of my spag-bol routine!
- My Big Nutshell - Gemma makes me LAUGH. I feel like I want to steal her as my BFF! Her Vlogs are brilliant and she is an integral member of the blogosphere.
- Seven Cherubs - Naomi writes with such heart and passion. She is a beautiful Mama to seven children and her love for her family is obvious. Heart-warming reading – and so honest.
- The Home She Made - Clare is another teacher with fantastic ideas for cooking, decorating and homewares. I am keenly following her Coat Rack project!
- The Organised Housewife - I draw a lot of inspiration from Kat, not just because of what she writes about, but by the way she contributes to, and connects with, the blogging community
- The Smile Collective - Kelly – my goodness. What an inspiration! Positive, gracious, grateful, generous, supremely talented and inspiring. Kindness personified.
And for a bit of an international flavour…
- Enjoying The Small Things – Kelle Hampton - Kelle’s photos blow my mind. Probably the best photo/blogger I have seen. And she has a pretty amazing family.
- iHeart Organizing - Jen is such a friendly and down to earth blogger, with the most amazing style! So many ideas to beautify your home.
- The Pioneer Woman – Ree Drummond - if you’ve ever wanted to know what it’s like to live on an American ranch, this is a brilliant blog. I feel like I know Ree personally – she makes me laugh!